Saturday, April 14, 2012

UMB Powered Reflex

 
I built this as a compact, ergo little missile launcher. The guts of a Buzz-Bee Ultimate Missile Blast are chopped up and re-kegiggered to create this little beast. It has a good sized, sten style, tank expansion from 1/2" pvc & a cpvc endcap. The pump is plugged and takes upto 12 pumps. The pump handle was chopped and replaced with cpvc. The bushing for the pump is a 1/2" pvc coupler (filed to fit in the pump tube) with some thinwall nested inside. I removed some material from the back of the grip and extended it as well with white hard foam. The shell is reinforced. It's a tank! Here's the guts :


The trigger is scrap pvc channel grafted onto the stock trigger.


The performance is great with 60' slightly angled shots (Buzz-Bee Missiles) A larger expansion or pump replacement would be nice but there's not too much room! I plan on a full write-up on this one after I'm done with other projects.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That trigger is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot! It needs a tiny bit more travel to open the valve a bit more but a file will take care of that eventually.

      Delete
  2. 60' is damn impressive. I'd be interested if you posted instructions on how to create this. If possible, provide an alternate way to make this without the missile busby launcher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still not on par with my big umb but for the size it's great.

      I will do a write-up on this one soon for sure! I'll look into substitutes for a umb tank although that'll be tough. They went on clearance a while back and I got them for $7 each. I will have to look into what's cheap. I know Umb's are about $15 now.

      Delete