Friday, April 13, 2012

Mini Reflex Review


This is a dollar store blaster I couldn't resist. It's not bad performance-wise with 13' average ranges (stock nerf darts). Streamlines get an extra few feet occasionally. It's a direct plunger but the barrel ports the air into the darts hole. Dart fit is very important. There's probably not too much modding potential due to the horrible quality of the plastic. Mine had some stress marks on the priming rod screw port already! The plunger tube's I.D. is a very close match to CPVC.

It comes with 3 short yellow darts. It works with all the stock darts I tried.Primed with a tagger. Priming is a little tricky as there's not much to hold onto.


Cracked open. There was an ammo holder to be removed first. I pried it loose and it slid off from the front. No pic due to losing it. One screw was already stripped and I lost another!


Plunger details. Gets a decent seal!


Not the worst dollar store blaster, as it will launch a dart past 0 feet. It's pretty fragile though which likely relegates it to the curious. There might be some potential for modding but the plastic is soo flimsy. Proceed with caution!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. I saw this at goodwill, decided I could not prime it and left! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! It requires a quiet setting, focus, meditation and practice! Quite ergonomic. Mine still functions, which is surprising. Still it does fling a dart halfway across a room. Which is more than I can say for my Longstrike!

    Seriously though, I did mod my real Reflex with a string loop for priming. I might even try that here. I doubt this thing will stay together though. Maybe I'll get 2 more... See! That's dollar store addiction talk right there!

    ReplyDelete