Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pool Noodle Swords


They connect!


The blade is 1/2" thinwall pvc glued to a threaded coupler. I added some shelf liner to the grips for a sharkskin look. The pommel is a slice from a football/missile. I had a dream that I cracked my tv screen. 2 Days later I made this. Evidence for ancient aliens? Giorgio Tsoukalos's hair is skeptical. These are really fun and well balanced in use. I have always loved Japanese swords and now I have 2! And need 4 more! I want another like this and 2 short swords. I might even add foam handguards.

This is cheap and simple to do. I trimmed the pool noodles to shape with a razor knife and a sharp serrated kitchen knife. The sword with the pommel has a pvc male threaded coupler glued to the blade. And then it's handle uses a threaded male conduit coupler, 1/2" pvc handle grip (for weight) and a 1/2" endcap pommel. I covered the endcap with light blue craft foam and sliped a slice of a football/missile on the end for style. I wrapped the grips with blue rubber shelf liner and used rubber bands to hold it on. Then some cloth tape to keep everything together. When I eyeball it all straight I'll goop the pool noodles to the blades. The additional sword that connects to this uses a longer length for the blade and a female coupler as a pommel.

3 comments:

  1. Neat concept, Did you get any inspiration from the Vendetta's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Nah I didn't. They just kinda happened as a change of pace. What are the Vendettas?

      Delete