Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tek 3 Turret Repair

I finally busted my sspb's tek 3 turret. Dang. But it was easy to fix.


I cut what was left of the stock turret near the screw off with a razor knife. The hole was marked and a small hole drilled (didn't document the size). I dug around for an appropriate screw but had to file a bit from the head to get it into the pivot. I added some craft foam (Thanks princexbuster at NH) as a seal. There was a little tuning of the holes for the air inlet and at the back of the turret. I drilled out the holes a little larger without having to redo the stock ball detent. It still indexes nice and the extra performance is noticable.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think that widening those holes on the barrels might increase performance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Truthfully I was lazy! It might require a little modification to get it to index again but it would be nice.

      Delete