Friday, May 25, 2012

Homemade Spring Pistol

This is my attempt at a homemade springer. It's intended to be a pistol and a tester. I used the spring from an Xploderz 200, I need to add an industrial spring in there. It uses a similar design to SGNerf's homemades, although I simplified it a bit. There's 5" of draw. It get's about 90'. The prime will eventually be a pump or bolt action.


Here's the removable shoulder stock which still accepts my 2x UMB.


The bushing is inset for less deadspace.


I need to redo the seal (hilariously janky but pretty good), and tweak a few things. The ring catch is functioning very well and you can really bang the blaster about without accidentally firing. I like it so far but need to build a larger version! There's only a few things that differ from SGNerf's design but I'll do a write-up when it's well tested.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. By the way, how did you make that trigger? It looks... plastic...

      Delete
    2. It's from a vinyl window! It's pvc (I think) and is quite strong. I scrouged it out of remodeling debris in my neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I plan to build some homemades similar to SG Nerf's designs this summer. Also, what are the dimensions of your parts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOAR POSTS XD lol heh nice blog

    ReplyDelete