Thursday, May 17, 2012

For Fun Mod

I came across this tiny promotional Super Soaker water pistol. It was given away at burger king at some point. No real guts I suppose (triangle screws). You just fill it and whomp the pump handle forward. It didn't do too bad as a water gun and seemed sturdy. So I sealed the back of the barrel area, glued on some cpvc, enlarged the nozzle & gave it a go. To my surprise it got 15-20'! With decent dart speed too. Accuracy and range are tricky, with the mechanism of firing being so odd. But I like the idea of shooting someone at 5' with an underpowered blaster. Some practice might get some rof & hits. It seems to like buzz-bee darts and doesn't fire stefans worth a damn. Fun little in your face blaster that gives the other guy a sporting chance.


2 comments: